Want to know what keywords are using by your competitor and how the ranking is, you can use the Google Keyword Tool & Rank Checker Tool to check it.
1) Go to Google Keyword Tool page. Select “Website content” and enter your competitor URL. Click “Get keyword ideas“.
2) The result will show on the bottom area. After the result appears, if your want to see more detail information you can make some adjustment, on the “Choose columns to display” drop down menu, select “Show All“. And “Match Type” select “Broad“. It will reload the result again.
3) The keywords will show on the left hand side. Now you can see what keywords are using by your competitor. Go to bottom and download the keywords result. Choose “csv (for excel)“.
4) Next is using Rank Checker Tool to check the ranking. But this free tool is just support FireFox browser only. So if you don’t have FireFox, click here to download it. After install FireFox, open the FireFox browser and click here to install the FireFox Rank Checker extension.
5) After install Rank Checker extension, you need to restart the FireFox browser. You will see Rank Checker icon in the bottom of your FireFox browser Click on the Rank Checker icon to open the tool.
6) Use Excel open the keywords file you download just now. Under the Keywords column, select the keywords from top to down and copy it.
7) Go to Rank Checker, click on “Add Multiple Keywords“.
8) Paste the keywords into it. And enter your competitor URL. Finish, click “Add” button and close the window.
9) Back to the Rank Checker window, click the “Start” button.
10) After finish checking, it will show you how the keyword ranking in Google, Yahoo and Live. From here you will know more about your competitor information.
Of course, you also can use the Rank Checker to check your own website too. See how your keywords and the website ranking. Enjoy!!
Click here to read more detail about Rank Checker Tool